When you travel, things happen. They just do. But we’re here, ready to be a fantastic travel companion day or night, rain or shine. Here are 10 situations that really happen. And when they do, you’ll be quite happy we have your back.
- It’s 10PM. You’ve just landed at the airport to catch your connect home. Your family is tired and wants their own beds. But now, you just found out your flight has been cancelled. This isn’t fun. So, who will find you a flight home?
- You’ve lost your bag. And your bag had your meds. So you need to find your bag ASAP. Who can help you find that bag or refill your emergency prescription?
- Ah, Europe. You’ve waited to take in all the grandeur new and old. But someone not very nice just stole your passport and wallet. Yikes! You need emergency cash. You need a new passport. You need someone who can get things done fast. Who is that someone?
- Uh oh. You’re in an accident and the medical treatment you need is not happening way out there. That means a medical evacuation. Are you going to coordinate all of that alone after you’ve been in an accident?
- Your extended family has been planning the annual reunion for months. But hours before you take off, your sister-in-law gets too sick to go. So everyone decides to cancel. What happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments? Who can help with reimbursement?
- You arrive in Jamaica, but your luggage doesn't. Who will find it? Who will pay for your travel necessities until you are reunited with your beloved bag? And if it is gone for good (we’re sorry), who will cover all the stuff you just lost?
- The trip sounded amazing, so you booked it. But then your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Yes, it happens. So what about the non-refundable expenses? And who can get you to your destination now?
- You're walking down a historic old street in Rio. It’s amazing. Then suddenly, ouch, you twist your ankle big time. You need a doctor, but not just any doctor. One who preferably understands English. Okay, how will you find this doctor in a city of 6.5 million people?
- A reality is that terror can strike anywhere. Three weeks before your trip, an incident occurs where you are headed. Maybe you still go. Or maybe you decide to cancel your trip. If you do, who is going to get your money back?
- Sun. Sand. Water. There’s nothing like the serenity of a beach resort. Unless a hurricane blows through and spoils the fun. Now, you can’t stay in the resort and need to be evacuated out. Who gets you out? Who reimburses you for the lost beach days?
Expenses incurred from third-party vendors for assistance services not part of a filed insurance plan are the responsibility of the traveler.