• Be sure to pack adapters when traveling abroad


    When traveling abroad, many people may be annoyed to find out that electrical outlets are not the same as they are elsewhere, which is why it's important when traveling to a foreign country to do research into what kind of adapter to buy.

    Having a stash of adapters is perfect for those who plan to take a trip out of the country, as they will be able to use their electric travel gadgets while on vacation without having to worry about blowing a fuse.

    Traveling to the European Union, which consists of 27 sovereign states including Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain and the UK, will be a breeze with a two-prong circular shaped adapter, which will convert any electrical cord to the country's socket size.

    However, older buildings in the UK, France and Germany may have different outlets from prior to the unification, so it may be a good idea to buy both the European Union outlet and the adapter specific for those countries just to cover all bases.

    See also ...  

Call us at 1.800.826.4919

Non insurance services are provided by Travel Guard. 
This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the covered trip.
You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home, and automobile insurance policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or insurance agent or broker. Coverage is offered by Travel Guard Group, Inc (Travel Guard). California lic. no.0B93606, 3300 Business Park Drive, Stevens Point, WI 54482, www.travelguard.com. CA DOI toll free number: 800-927-HELP. This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10038. It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states. Your travel retailer may not be licensed to sell insurance, and cannot answer technical questions about the benefits, exclusions, and conditions of this insurance and cannot evaluate the adequacy of your existing insurance. The purchase of travel insurance is not required in order to purchase any other product or service from the Travel Retailer.