To ensure that every transaction is protected, we treat your credit card and personal information with the utmost confidentiality and safety.
By making your purchase on our secure server, you are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilized by most popular browsers, including Firefox and Internet Explorer. This technology allows us to use advanced encryption tools to protect all important customer information (including your credit card number, name, address, etc.) transmitted between your computer and our server. In the unlikely event of a breach in security, there is no risk to you. In the unlikely event of a breach in security, Travel Guard will reimburse you the first $50 of any fraudulent charges.Since our first website in 1996 we have not had one confirmed case of credit card fraud (Click here for more information on the Travel Guard Warranty and Security).
Last Updated: July 29, 2013
1. Who To Contact About Your Personal Information If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail: CIPrivacy@aig.com or write to: Chief Privacy Officer AIG Property Casualty 180 Maiden Lane, 40th Floor, New York, NY 10038 Fax: 212 458-7081
2. Personal Information That We Collect Depending on your relationship with us (for example, as a consumer policyholder; insured person benefiting under another policyholder's policy, or claimant; witness; commercial broker or appointed representative; or other person relating to our business), Personal Information collected about you and your dependents may include:
3. How We Use Personal Information We use this Personal Information to:
5. Sharing of Personal Information AIG may make Personal Information available to:
Personal Information may also be shared by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages and Apps). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors who access the AIG On-line Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the AIG On-line Services.
6. Security AIG will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us. (See the "Who to Contact About Your Personal Information" section above.) When AIG provides Personal Information to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information. If we believe the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
8. Marketing Preferences We will provide you with regular opportunities to tell us your marketing preferences, including in our communications to you. You can also contact us by e-mail at CIPrivacy@aig.com or by writing to: Chief Privacy Officer AIG Property Casualty 180 Maiden Lane, 40th Floor, New York, NY 10038 Fax: 212 458-7081 to tell us your marketing preferences and to opt out. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from AIG on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the link to "unsubscribe" provided in each e-mail or by contacting us at the above addresses. We will endeavor to comply with your opt-out request(s) within a reasonable time period. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to those to whom we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date on which we respond to your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you other important administrative communications from which you cannot opt out.
9. Social Security Numbers It is AIG's policy to protect customer and employee Social Security Numbers that we collect in the course of our business as confidential. This includes maintaining physical and electronic security procedures to guard against unauthorized access to Social Security Numbers. We also limit access to Social Security Numbers, by among other means, only granting access to Social Security Numbers to our employees who use that information to perform their job-related duties. In addition, we do not disclose Social Security Numbers to third parties, except where required or permitted by law.
10. Questions and Concerns Please contact us as set out in the "Who to Contact About Your Personal Information" section above with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information.
11. Other Information We Collect Through our AIG On-line Services "Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
How We Collect Other Information We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the "Other Information We Collect" section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
13. Use of Services by Minors The AIG On-line Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the AIG On-line Services.
All material contained on this website (including all code) is protected by U.S. copyright laws. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, you may not copy, reproduce, publish, license, modify, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any material contained on the website without the prior written consent of Travel Guard. All rights are reserved.
©Travel Guard Group, Inc., 2001-2014Edition: 7/29/2013